a) Clinical Nephrology: A leading centre for the management of all renal problems. State-of-the-art facilities for renal pathology, with complete biochemical, immunological, microbiological and histological (including immunoflorescence and immuno-histo-chemistry) - back up available under one roof. Angiographic, genetic and HLA studies are available in-house for organ transplantation & diagnosis of other diseases.Dialysis: Established in 1981, it is one of the first centre in India and first of its kind in North India to provide maintenance haemodialysis facilities to the patients of chronic renal failure.
b) Dialysis Unit
- Latest generation, fully computerised bicarbonate haemodialysis machines with volumetric ultrafiltration and adjustable sodium facility, provide betterpatient safety profile.
- First centre in north India to provide R.O. (Reverse Osmosis) water for the dialysis, to ensure patient safety and prevent long term complications on haemodialysis.
- We are first to have world's best, state-of-the-art computerized dialyzer re-use system in North India which ensures safety & adequacy of dialysis and also economise dialysis for the patient.
- Facility for continuous monitoring of sick patient on dialysis through highly sophisticated monitors throughout the dialytic procedure is available.
- First centre to have separate units for Hepatitis B & C positive patients.
- Heat-clean disinfection of haemodialysis machines after every shift is practiced for patient safety.
- Regular dialysis facilities are available in the centre from 7.00 AM to 12 midnight, besides emergency dialysis round the clock.
- More than 1200 haemodialyses are performed per month (four dialysis shifts of 4 hrs) by highly trained technical and nursing staff under supervision of two dialysis medical officers under the overall supervision and guidance of consultants round the clock is available.
f) Vascular Access for Haemodialysis
This centre has been pioneer in making A.V. Fistula and A.V. Shunts for use in haemodialysis. This centre is the nursery for training people from Delhi and neighboring states in the art of making vascular access. Having performed a few thousand successful surgeries, this unit is among the centres with largest experience in vascular access surgery anywhere in the world.
24 hours casualty services are available. All patients are seen by a senior resident on duty and admitted if needed. A consultant supervises all these services round the clock.