Pregnancy is a unique and most exciting period of women’s life. Giving birth to a child is perhaps one of the most fulfilling miraculous experiences for the woman.
At Universal Hospital, our highly skilled team of professionals understands the special needs of the expecting mother.You will experience one of the best levels of patient care, personalized attention and an exclusive ambience. This patient centric approach is the hallmark of Sarvodaya.
The Department of Gynaecology & Obstetrics has been created to deliver world-class maternity health care services. With a comprehensive gamut of care under one roof, it is committed to deliver the highest standards of medical and surgical excellence. The department has a team of well qualified skilled professionals and is equipped with most advanced equipments.
At Sarvodaya we believe that prevention is better than cure. We have programs in both gynecology and obstetrics for prevention and early detection of disorders. Our well women check-up is designed to detect early evidence of:
• Gynaecological diseases
• To provide Contraception advice
• Preconception counselling
• Genital care screening
We offer antenatal check-up through antenatal classes which are specially designed for mothers and fathers to be in preparing for the task ahead, both physically and psychologically. We offer pain relief labour by psychoprophylaxis (antenatal classes), epidural analgesics during labour. Continuous electronic fetal heart rate monitoring (CTG) is available to watch your baby’s condition during childbirth as per international standards. We have all the facilities to handle any obstetrics emergency.
We have well trained obstetricians to look after patients with high risk pregnancies in conjunction with medical specialists. Those with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, previous pregnancy losses, growth retarded babies etc. are looked after throughout the pregnancy and labor by this team. Our obstetric department is also backed-up by advance neonatal services.
The department of Pediatrics & Neonatology at UNIVERSAL (UCHS) Hospital, has state-of-the-art setup in NCR and provides excellent and highly personalized medical care to children upto twelve years of age. The department has been established to ensure that the benefits of advancing knowledge and expertise in various medical and surgical fields are now delivered to children.
Neonatology is the specialized care of the sick and the new born including premature babies. The advent of newer therapeutic modalities, artificial life-support techniques and infection control mechanism has tremendously decreased mortality in new born.
• 10 bedded NICU equipped with all the latest facilities for the newborn
• The setup is equipped with all the gadgets required for monitoring and management of sick newborn, upto 28 days of birth
• Facilities for ventilation with latest ventilators having pulmonary graphics
• Facilities for exchange blood transfusion are available in the department
• Phototherapy (LED, blue light)
• Ours is a baby friendly hospital wherein we run breast feeding clinics for mothers Stable neonates are kept along with their mothers
• Stable neonates are kept along with their mothers and the idea of complete mother care is emphasized
• Kangaroo mother care for the newborns is another important feature, like a kangaroo carries the baby similarly the underweight or premature babies are given motherly touch all the time
• Screening is done to detect the hearing defects in the newborns so that early corrective measures can be advised
• We also do screening for metabolic disorders in the neonates
• Regular follow up for growth and development of all high risk new born babies is conducted
• Well baby Clinic for monitoring regular growth and development of the babies
• Thalassemia clinic to take care of the basic health needs of the thalassemic kids Immunization clinic comprehensive
• Immunization service for all vaccines for preventable diseases under close medical supervision
The department is supported by neonatal transport service, very highly equipped neonatal intensive care & endoscopic equipments. Specialized facilities exist for management of emergencies and surgical problems in infants & children. The hospital is committed to provide best care in a patient friendly setting at an affordable cost.